- Assesses student interest and abilities in order to assist in academic and career planning.
- Counsel students in developing a specific academic program including choice of major and
- Plans and provides outreach programs for high-risk students to promote retention. Serves as
a resource to other academic advisors/counsellors concerning students with difficulties.
- Plans and implements programs to help students with academic and career decisions. Provides
personal, vocational, and other non-academic counselling as appropriate.
Make referrals to appropriate University offices for specialized attention when indicated.
- Develops and implements in-service training workshops, videos, and other means to improve
- Any Degree or specific degree
- Minimum xxx years experience in advising and counselling students.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and counselling skills.
- Knowledge of academic programs in the area to be served.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound analytical judgment and to work without close